As we have finally reached the first quarter of 2020 , we have also raised more expectations, goals, dreams, and plans within us. I don’t know about y’all, but 2019 was a growing year with growing pains for me. I went through so much mentally and physically, but most importantly I became stronger spiritually. I also lost two people who were a huge important part of my life due to cancer. 2019 has been a year where I really depended on God for everything, and I trusted him through all the processes, even the ones I was aggravated with and didn’t understand. I would find myself asking the question why am I going through this right now a million times in my head. I also know that 2019 was my testing year. It tested my strength, love for others, and patience, one of the main fruits I still struggle with. It also made me stronger in my self-discipline making me do things I probably wasn’t motivated to do in the moment, but I knew it had to be done in order to get to the next step of my journey. Growth is beautiful, but it’s work chile. 2019 was a year where I leave dwelling in the past, and focus on the bigger picture in 2020: how I’ve made my lemons into lemonade.
In the first months of last year, my mind and goals were everywhere. So I did what any writer would do. I wrote them all down categorizing small and big goals. Then I set deadlines for myself. To make sure I would stick to them, I gave a copy to my accountability partner as a way of motivating me if life gets me off track. My personal motto is The Lemonade Stand which means completing my goals by any means necessary and also enduring & learning from the not so sweet moments. I will spend more time with family and loved ones. Preparing for film school this year is an exciting feeling, but I’m also preparing myself for the sacrifices and time-management that comes with it. Releasing new books and expanding my brand is one of my biggest goals for this year, so that’s why I was squeezing my lemons in 2019 to prepare for the blessings ahead.
I thank everyone who has been rocking with me, sent me encouraging words, and followed and shared my blogs throughout the years.
Here are some affirmations for 2020!
- Mistakes are a stepping stone to success. They are the path I must tread to achieve my dreams.
- My every step is one of courage.
- My life is a gift. I will use this gift with confidence, joy, and exuberance.
- My dreams are possible.
- When life gives me lemons, I will make lemonade.
- Feelings are just visitors. When it’s time, I will let them go.
- I am creating my life exactly how I want it.
- My inner peace and harmony is matched by my outer well-being
- I am enough just the way I am because I am perfect at being me, and nothing can change that.
- Everything I choose to do in my life is correct and related to my soul mission.
- I strive to search for patience for the good in every person and every situation.
- I sew compassion into my words, and I sow happiness in my relationships.
- Never will I apologize for my personal growth.
- I believe I can, so I will.
I also came across a list of affirmations for Christian business owners that I also wanted to share.
- Let go of the past and press forward with Christ. (Philippians 3:13-14)
- I always keep God in mind. He gives me the ability to produce wealth. (Deuteronomy 8:18)
- I use God’s power to serve others. (1 Peter 4:10) –Serving others is a fundamental business principle that must never be forgotten.)
- I pursue all things as one with Christ Jesus. (2 Corinthians 13:5-6)
- I forgive others. (Matthew 6:14-15 )- A forgiving heart will help you stay more focused on more important matters and free your mental energy.)
- I believe in God. I love God. I trust God. (Isaiah 45:2 )
- I am strong and courageous. (Joshua 1:9)
- I consult with many advisers. I succeed. (Proverbs 15:22)
- I am alert and clear-minded. (1 Peter 5:8)
- God speaks to my mind and heart. I listen. (Proverbs 2:6)
May this year bring prosperity, abundance, love, peace, and everything your heart desires. Put in the work. Everything you dream about starts with you. Keep on squeezing 🍋♥️.
Until next time,
Check out my latest ebook, ‘I have a poem’ a collection of poems told through the author as she boldly speaks about life, heartache, and love in her own eyes.