Serial Entrepreneur Alandria Lloyd is the owner of a book publishing company, The Writer’s Block LLC. which assists aspiring authors by teaching them how to write their book in record breaking speed and become published authors without breaking the bank. She offers online writing classes, book consults, book coaching sessions, publishing packages, and more. I had the pleasure to catch up with Alandria as we chatted about The Writers Block, successful branding strategies that she applies to her businesses, and 5 powerful tips that aspiring & new authors should know before publishing a book.
Entrepreneurship isn’t for the weak.“- Alandria Lloyd
How long have you been an author and what inspired you to start writing?
Name 5 powerful tips aspiring authors should know before publishing their first book.
1. Don’t overthink. Write from your heart, not your head.2. Don’t edit while writing. It can be challenging, but editing while writing can slow you down. Edit on the back end.3. Someone is waiting on your story to be published, so don’t keep the people waiting.4. Don’t expect support from everyone you know. Most times, support will come from complete strangers.5. Set a goal to complete the entire process within 6 months.
In moments of adversity and setbacks, how do you build yourself back up?
What do you think it takes to run a successful business?
What’s the best piece of advice you received when you first started your business?
Who is a woman whom you look up to and admire?
What are your biggest goals for the 3rd quarter of 2019?
AL: “My goals for the 3rd quarter include: earning 6 figures, participating in more outreach activities, and traveling more.”
What is your personal motto that you live by?
“If God brought me to it, He will surely bring me through it”
What are some marketing/branding strategies that hasn’t let you down in your business?
About Alandria Lloyd
Alandria Lloyd is a serial entrepreneur, self-published author, and certified life coach. She is the author of:
- Change AGENT: The Missing Piece
- Fasting For Change Prayer Journal,
- While I’m Waiting Devotional for Single Women.
- Letters To My Future King
- Girl Power Uncensored (co-author)
- Dear Young Woman (to be released Fall 2019)
Alandria tries to encourage everyone she meets to share their testimonies in the form of a book. She has suffered many trials but has found solace in sharing her stories within the pages of her books. She is a living, breathing testament that God will give beauty for ashes. Alandria resides in Hammond, La with her teenage son. She lives life on purpose and is determined to fulfil her God-given destiny.