To celebrate St.Patrick’s Day around the corner,here are fun drinks that are bound to put you in the complete Irish mood! Enjoy!
Wicked Little Leprechaun
2 (1 ounce) shots vodka
1 (1 ounce) shots blue maui schnapps or (1 ounce) blue curacao
1 splash carbonated lemon-lime beverage
4 ounces orange juice
- Fill a 12 oz high ball (or pint) glass 3/4 full with ice.
- Add vodka and blue maui.
- Add the splash of lemon-lime soda.
- Fill the rest of the glass with orange juice.
- Stir to mix.
Copycat Shamrock Shake
- 3 large scoops vanilla ice cream (about 1/4 c. each)
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 6 drops green food coloring
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Maraschino cherry, for topping
- In a blender, mix vanilla ice cream, heavy cream, peppermint extract, and food coloring until completely smooth, then pour into a glass.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry before serving.
- 1 light beer
- Green food coloring
1.) Pour beer into glass. Add as much food coloring as desired and stir to mix.
Green Bloody Mary
- 1 1/2 lb. tomatillos, husked and quartered
- 1 c. yellow cherry tomatoes
- 3 cucumbers, small and chopped
- 2 jalapeños, stem, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. horseradish
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 1/2 c. vodka
- Old bay, for rimming
- 6 cooked bacon strips, for garnish
- 6 celery sticks, for garnish
- In a large food processor, add tomatillos, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno, and garlic. Blend until smooth. Add lime juice, horseradish, hot sauce, salt, celery seed, and a few cranks of pepper. Blend again until combined.
- Mix tomatillo mixture and vodka in a large pitcher.
- Place old bay on a small, shallow plate. Rim 4 glasses with a lime wedge then dip rims into old bay.
- Divide bloody marys between glasses and garnish with a strip of bacon, celery stick, and a lime wedge.
Pickleback Jello Shots
- 1 1/4 c. pickle juice
- 1/2 c. whiskey
- 2 packages plain gelatin
- 12 large pickles
- 1 tbsp. Chopped fresh dill
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine pickle juice and whiskey and bring mixture to a simmer. Remove saucepan from heat then whisk in gelatin. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Make pickle shot glasses: Cut off the ends of each pickle so that both ends are flat, then cut each pickle in half crosswise. Using a quarter teaspoon, scoop out the middle of each pickle to create a well.
- Carefully pour whiskey mixture into each pickle then sprinkle dill on top. Refrigerate until jello is set, about 2 hours.
Green Apple Sangria
- 1 bottle (750 ml) White Wine
- 1 bottle/can (12 oz.) Ginger Ale – or you can use champagne or club soda or sparkling water for bubbly
- 1-2 large Granny Smith Apples
- Slice the apples into thin slices. Depending on the size of the glasses, you may need to cut in half or I kind of like large round pieces.
- Simply add the apple to bottom of your pitcher and fill with both the wine and ginger ale. Put into the refrigerator and serve cold.