As we have finally reached the final quarter of 2019 , we have also raised more expectations, goals, dreams, and plans within us. I don’t know about y’all, but 2019 was a growing year with growing pains for me. I went through so much mentally and physically, but most importantly I became stronger spiritually. I also lost two people who were a huge important part of my life due to cancer. 2019 has been a year where I really depended on God for everything, and I trusted him through all the processes, even the ones I was aggravated with and didn’t understand. I would find myself asking the question why am I going through this right now a million times in my head. I also know that 2019 was my testing year. It tested my strength, love for others, and patience, one of the main fruits I still struggle with. It also made me stronger in my self-discipline making me do things I probably wasn’t motivated to do in the moment, but I knew it had to be done in order to get to the next step of my journey. Growth is beautiful, but it’s work chile. 2019 is a year where I leave dwelling in the past, and focus on the bigger picture: how I’ve made my lemons into lemonade.
In the first months of 2019, my mind and goals were everywhere. So I did what any writer would do. I wrote them all down categorizing small and big goals. Then I set deadlines for myself. To make sure I would stick to them, I gave a copy to my accountability partner as a way of motivating me if life gets me off track. My personal motto for 2019 was The Lemonade Stand which means completing my goals by any means necessary and also enduring & learning from the not so sweet moments. I will spend more time with family and loved ones. Being around my family for the holidays is a breath of fresh air as I get to laugh and make new memories with them. Preparing for film school next year is an exciting feeling, but I’m also preparing myself for the sacrifices and time-management that comes with it. Releasing new books and expanding my brand is one of my biggest goals for 2020, so that’s why I was squeezing my lemons in 2019 to prepare for the blessings ahead.
I thank everyone who has been rocking with me, sent me encouraging words, and followed and shared my blogs throughout the years.
Here are some affirmations to end 2019 4th Quarter with a bang!
- Mistakes are a stepping stone to success. They are the path I must tread to achieve my dreams.
- My every step is one of courage.
- My life is a gift. I will use this gift with confidence, joy, and exuberance.
- My dreams are possible.
- When life gives me lemons, I will make lemonade.
- Feelings are just visitors. When it’s time, I will let them go.
- I am creating my life exactly how I want it.
- My inner peace and harmony is matched by my outer well-being
- I am enough just the way I am because I am perfect at being me, and nothing can change that.
- Everything I choose to do in my life is correct and related to my soul mission.
- I strive to search for patience for the good in every person and every situation.
- I sew compassion into my words, and I sow happiness in my relationships.
- Never will I apologize for my personal growth.
- I believe I can, so I will.
I also came across a list of affirmations for Christian business owners that I wanted to share.
- Let go of the past and press forward with Christ. (Philippians 3:13-14)
- I always keep God in mind. He gives me the ability to produce wealth. (Deuteronomy 8:18)
- I use God’s power to serve others. (1 Peter 4:10) –Serving others is a fundamental business principle that must never be forgotten.)
- I pursue all things as one with Christ Jesus. (2 Corinthians 13:5-6)
- I forgive others. (Matthew 6:14-15 )- A forgiving heart will help you stay more focused on more important matters and free your mental energy.)
- I believe in God. I love God. I trust God. (Isaiah 45:2 )
- I am strong and courageous. (Joshua 1:9)
- I consult with many advisers. I succeed. (Proverbs 15:22)
- I am alert and clear-minded. (1 Peter 5:8)
- God speaks to my mind and heart. I listen. (Proverbs 2:6)
This end of 2019 will bring prosperity, abundance, love, peace, and everything your heart desires. Put in the work. Everything you dream about starts with you. Keep on squeezing 🍋♥️.
Until next time,
Check out my latest ebook, ‘I have a poem’ a collection of poems told through the author as she boldly speaks about life, heartache, and love in her own eyes.