Timing is everything. Timing is everything. Timing is everything.
We all know this. We know it so much that the saying is programmed in our heads. What most of us don’t know is how to apply it to your life. We struggle with the “art of waiting”, the humility to know when God wants us to wait or when he wants us to move. It’s easy to confuse the two, so that’s why the strength of your discernment has to be off the meter. Then we have the times God wants us to do nothing except be still and WAIT. If you’re anything like me, this is very hard to do especially when it seems like everything is going left in your life. Then you convince yourself, “Well I’ll just help God do this and do that.” You toss out the idea of trusting him completely simply because you might not like the season you’re in. Your feelings are all over the place and God has the audacity to ask you to WAIT?! In the times you feel like his voice is distant and he seems so far away, you have to discern your thoughts. Maybe he is waiting on you to stop worrying and start waiting.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! -Psalm 37:7
I’m a Virgo and a perfectionist. I feel like I have to have control on every move and everything that goes on in my life. I know this can’t be the case, but it still doesn’t help me from not trying. When the slightest thing don’t go my way or things don’t go the way I’ve envisioned them in my head, you can imagine my reaction LOL. I had to learn the hard way and really practice the art of waiting. I had to change my perspective and think why does God have me in this situation. What is trying to teach me? For every test you fail, you will going through it again in some way or form. TRUST. Until you change your perspective on things, you will recycle the same experiences. As I type this, my mind is going 100 miles per hour about things that I have no control over or things that are hurting that I don’t understand. Instead of pouting and feel sorry for myself, this is what I do to master the art of waiting:
- Rebuke the enemy- he only wins IF you give him power to!
- Pray and change my mindset– Nothing will change if you don’t think pain is necessary. Allow yourself to FEEL even if don’t like it what you’re feeling.
- Be STILL and WAIT- This will be the hardest and longest process (it will feel like this mentally). Occupy your mind what the things that are going right in your life instead of focusing on what you don’t have.
- He is the same God he was yesterday– He knows your bills are due. He knows you need a shift in your life. He needs you’re tired of being positive. He knows you’re tired of being single. HE KNOWS AND HE WILL GIVE THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART. The test is passing the waiting period and remaining humble until you receive them. Unlike humans, he is the same as he was yesterday.
- When the wait is over, APPLY it to your life and don’t go back to the broken place– We will always experience different things that will require us to trust God more and more. When you finally pass something that had you broken for years, don’t let nothing or no one take you back to the position. Use your strength to deal with new tests that may come your way.
Don’t forget to WAIT. I love you and I’m rooting for you.
Until next time,